Thursday, April 11, 2013
This Land
"Everything looks good from here...Yes. Yes, this is a fertile land, and we will thrive. We will rule over all this land, and we will call it... 'This Land'."
The garden area I'll be working with is back in the corner of the property behind my father's wood shed. I have two main zones and two secondary zones.
Zone 1 is a rectangular area roughly 11 foot long x 8 foot wide.
Zone 2 is a square-ish area roughly 18 foot by 20 foot.
It is in these two zones that I will be building out our main garden. I will be trying raised garden beds, square foot gardening, and vertical gardening.
Zone 3 includes our indoor aquaponics gardens consisting of three AeroGarden units.
Zone 4 is a small section of garden space that runs along the side of the pool and consists of a 2.5 foot wide x 8 foot long strip that currently houses: 1 basil bush, 2 tomato bushes, 2 thyme plants, 1 Greek oregano plant, 1 rosemary bush, and 2 jalapeno pepper plants. We built this area last September.
As I mentioned, one of our main goals is to get healthy, and that means loosing all the weight we gained while living a sedentary working life for the last 10 years. I don't expect to lose it all overnight, but I do expect to lose the fat and gain back some of the muscle tone I had before we left. I'll include progress reports on that as well although it won't be as detailed since this isn't a diet blog.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment